What's in my summer makeup bag

7.28.2017



Hello everyone!
Seeing as it's meant to be Summer (although the weather has different ideas), I thought I would share what I usually wear when the weather is warmer.
I don't like to wear a lot of makeup in the Summer, because heat and sweat and bleh... you get the jist.
So here are the products I like to use:

I'll start off with a lip scrub to make sure my lips are as soft as can be, and so that any lip product I might put on doesn't look crackly and gross. I love the Lush Popcorn lip scrub, it tastes great! Yes, you're probably not supposed to eat more of it then you actually use on your lips, but who can resist?
Then if I'm having a less than good skin day I'll add a light layer of the Rimmel London BB Cream, it feels so soft on the skin, and a little goes a long way on the face. It gives a light, natural coverage, perfect for summer. The BB cream also offers SPF protection from the sun, which is another reason I use it in the Summer.
I have also recently discovered this concealer, the Maybelline Fit me! concealer, and found that it definitely works best with a tan due to it's yellow base. Therefore it is definitely a must in the Summer when I have a tan; it's creamy and easy to blend, and also offers full coverage for under eye circles and problem areas.
Then I will use the middle shade in this Collection Eyebrow Kit to fill in sparse areas in my brows, and sharpen them up a bit, as I'm liking the fuller brow look at the moment. Obviously not too full, not so keen on the slug look.

Of course I will then add my favourite mascara, the Falsies Push up Angel mascara, it has quite a unique brush that takes a while to get used to, but once I got used to the brush it gave the best results from any mascara I've ever used! SO voluminous and black!
As one of my final steps I'll add this SPF lip balm from Forever, I'm all about the sun protection in the Summer, clearly! This is my favourite because it almost looks like a lip gloss as well as adding moisture and protection to your lips. And as I said in my Summer Essentials post, it makes the lips feel tingly, which is always fun, like that popping candy chocolate that you can hear popping every time you open your mouth! 
To finish off my makeup and make sure it stays in place I'll put a couple of sprays of the NYX Dewy Finish setting spray, which I think also acts as a bit of a dewy highlighter as well. Two-in-one, always a bargain! It's also really refreshing when you're boiling hot and you get a few sprays of this, cools you down for a few seconds.

So that's it, all I wear in the Summer, I use my beauty blender and a couple of foundation and smaller concealer brushes to apply the products, and it only takes about ten minutes all together!

Have a great weekend everyone, I'm heading back to catch up on the newest season of Orphan Black, and tomorrow I have a Barn party which should be fun! See you soon!

Vicki
x x x


2 comments

  1. I'd love to try that Rimmel BB Cream! It looks great for summer xxx
    http://fallingforablog.blogspot.com.es/2017/07/top-20-shorts-under-20.html

    ReplyDelete