Being Original...

8.16.2017


It suddenly hit me while I was scrolling through my Instagram and Bloglovin' feeds, doing the usual stalk of a few accounts, gaining 'inspiration'; that that so called 'inspiration' was starting to take over me. 

It's so easy to compare yourself to other bloggers, because there are so many amazing ones, and I always seem to forget at some point, when I'm trying to cling on to the next trend, or best way to wear an outfit or product, or the best angle for photos, that we were born original. 

That's one of my favourite quotes: 

"you were born original, don't die a copy."

Lately I've been getting obsessed with finding and taking part in the latest trends, so much so that I've forgotten what my actual style is, and what I want to wear/ post. It's so easy to look at others and trying to re-create something, which is absolutely absurd! It is so much more original and creative to write about topics of your choice, and wear what you love to wear and feel confident in.

So, I've realised more than ever the importance of being original. No one is going to enjoy reading or seeing posts that are copies of someone else's, and what's more, why would anyone enjoy copying someone else's work? It's so much more enjoyable finding your own way, making your own mistakes before you realise what you really love to wear and write about.

So, here is me, vowing to myself to be original at all times, to write about what I want to write about, wear outfits that I love and am proud of, without worrying about trends and crazes.

I promise that I will be original to the best of my ability, always.
Look how cute the design is, so so pretty!

The outfit:

Bodysuit | Miss Selfridge
Jeans | TopShop
Shoes | Dorothy Perkins

Vicki 
x x x

Post a Comment